VigilSight Privacy Notice
VigilSight, Inc. respects and protects our customers’ privacy. Our top priority is to keep our customers and their property safe and secure. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and otherwise process your Personal Information. It also tells you about your rights with respect to your Personal Information, and how you can reach us to update it or get answers to questions you may have about our privacy practices.
This Privacy Notice covers the processing of personal information related to VigilSight’s service including:
- Websites that may be accessed at www.vigilsight.com
- Subscription services accessed at www.vigilsight.com
- Service and technical support accessed through www.vigilsight.com
VigilSight integrates with third parties (Camera Manufacturers) and we are not responsible for the performance of their devices. Additional information on our privacy practices may be provided in other documents such as Terms of Service, offer descriptions, supplemental privacy statements, or notices provided prior to or at the time of data collection.
Information We May Collect
We obtain certain personal information in connection with the products and services we provide. The types of personal information we obtain include:
- Contact information such as name, email address, phone number, mailing and physical address
- Account information such as login and password information
- Payment information, such as name, billing address and payment card details, including card number, expiration date and security code, which is collected and stored by our third-party payment processor on our behalf. Ring stores only the last four digits of your payment card and the expiration date;
- The geolocation of your mobile device if you consent to the collection of this data;
- Social media information. If you access our websites using your Google account login, we may receive personal information about you such as your name, email address, and gender. Any personal information that we collect from your Google account may depend on your Google account’s privacy settings.
- Credentials from third party camera partners.
How VigilSight uses your information:
VigilSight will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your email address for unsolicited mail.
1) We might use your information to confirm your subscription. We will also give you technical support if you are eligible for it. When we provide support, we may use the information you provided or information we’ve gathered passively.
2) We use information to communicate with you about our relationship. We may contact you about your account or subscription. We may contact you about this Policy or our website Terms.
3) We use information to improve our website or our products and services. For example, we might conduct surveys so we know our customers. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary. If you participate, we will request certain personal information from you and we may use the information you provide to improve our products and services, and to administer those programs.
4) We use information for marketing purposes. For example, we might send you special promotions or offers. We might also tell you about new features or products. These would be our own offers or products. We may track your activities and show you ads we think you might like.
5) We use information for security purposes. We may use information to protect our company, our customers, or our websites.
6) We use information as otherwise permitted by law.
How VigilSight Defends Your Privacy
Our Service Only Operates from 10pm to 6am EST
Our Live Agents only review motion alerts during this period of time and our customers are able to customize the hours they would like for their motion alerts to be monitored.
Our Live Agents do not have Live Access to your cameras.
VigilSight Monitoring Agents only have access to your camera motion alerts during time periods specified by the customer.
How long does VigilSight store your data?
Data for notifications where suspicious activity was identified or the police were called are stored indefinitely, or until a user requests that their data is removed from the VigilSight system. Data for notifications where no suspicious activity was identified is scrubbed from our database and logs after 30 days.
How will you know if VigilSight Agents have called the police to your home?
VigilSight Agents will place a call to you to let you know and will leave a message if you are unavailable.